Standalones and Opening stack via go url...?

John Patten johnpatten at mac.com
Thu Oct 13 13:57:14 EDT 2011

FWIW...Solved it!

When creating a standalone, I used the default settings in regards to the "inclusions" which is to "Search for required inclusions when saving the standalone application." Having something work from the IDE but not from the Standalone means LiveCode apparently is not finding the right "inclusions."

I set it the standalone settings to manually select  the inclusions. Then  I selected all inclusions from Animation through Printing, built my standalone, and then everything worked. Then I went back and selected just the original three, Geometry, Internet, and Printing and it worked again.

It seems like the radio button that has LiveCode search for inclusions in the Standalone Settings does not always find correct inclusions. My guess is since it uses a go ULR "http://etc.etc... call it needs the Internet inclusion and was not getting it.

Seems from now on it's best to guess which inclusions are needed and select those manually if you have a project working in the IDE but not as a standalone? Is this a common issue?

Thanks!

John Patten
SUSD