So RunRev wants more of my money- what has been fixed?

stephen barncard stephenREVOLUTION2 at barncard.com
Thu Oct 13 04:08:05 EDT 2011

I think it was cool that Runrev listened to us on the list, many DEMANDED a
plugin, stating that it was the 'Holy Grail'  of web development.

So they MADE ONE.  I was impressed. They  'matched' the browser document
model with a Rev card/stack. Wow.

Regardless of the fact that I put off touching javascript at for a while, I
realized with all the trouble I'd seen making the plugin work in 'all
browsers', that an approach that used either a server-based solution with
html and javascript, or a thin client using Livecode desktop, or a "player"
approach that started up stacks that live online would be a more consistent
user and developer experience.

I think it was in the middle of the plug-in period that Runrev changed focus
and started their quest for the iPhone project. Judging by the quantity of
posts about phones, I'd say it was a pretty good decision.