Another examples of the screen refresh problem on the Mac?

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Oct 12 12:10:23 EDT 2011

On 10/12/11 8:10 AM, James Hurley wrote:

> I would like to see a little help from RR on these new features--by
> way of a demonstration stack perhaps.

We all would. Richard's explanation was very good and with a few
guidelines I think we'll all catch on eventually and jaws will drop. I
know that in my sample stack, it went from barely useable on mobile
platforms to amazingly smooth -- at least, on my particular tablet. I
gave it to Richard to test and it failed miserably. I'm sure it has
something to do with tile size and cache limits but I need some info on
how to calculate those. Right now I'm stabbing in the dark.

As I understand it, the cache isn't so important on desktop builds or in
stacks. Computers have plenty of RAM these days so set it as high as you
want for now. Tile size probably matters though.

What I'd suggest for now is to play with the new settings in 5.0 and see
what you come up with. It took me about a day to get something to work,
but once it did I was awfully impressed.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com