Using Javascript with RevBrowser to control a Flash Movie

Alejandro Tejada capellan2000 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 19:21:09 EDT 2011

Hi Colin,

Colin Holgate-2 wrote:

> That is an ActionScript 1.0 swf, and is using a technique that is so old
> that it isn't in the Flash help anymore. It seems to get a pointer to the
> swf on the page, and calls things like TGotoFrame to make the Flash go to
> that frame.
> I guess it doesn't matter that it's ancient, if you do the same Javascript
> as is used in this frame:
> http://www.flashcentral.com/Tech/HawaiiMap/story.htm
> it ought to work.

It's amazing that current SWF player supports syntax from version 1.0!!!

The compressed file:
http://www.flashcentral.com/Tech/HawaiiMap/Hawaii.zip
contains four html files and 3 swf movies.

Looks like embedding cue points could do exactly what I want:
http://www.ioncannon.net/web-design/109/metadata-cuepoint-flash-video-flvtool/

Have a nice day!

Al