[UBUNTU] running LiveCode on 11.x

Roger Eller roger.e.eller at sealedair.com
Sat Oct 8 13:36:16 EDT 2011

On Sat, Oct 8, 2011 at 10:57 AM, Andre Garzia wrote:

> Folks,
>
> I've been using both Gnome 3 and Unity. I actually like them but there are
> issues that needed to be solved. They are both very different from
> traditional desktops but I can get my work done and I welcome some of the
> changes. I am running 10.10 now and I think Unity is on a good path but it
> is not ready for prime time yet. There are many issues regarding windows
> management, the unified menu and navigation but still at least is some
> fresh
> air.
>
> OTOH, I don't like lion and am staying with snow leopard for as long as I
> can...
>
> Cheers
> andre

And for those who LOVE Linux but prefer a consistent UI comparable to one of
the mainstream closed OS', these theme packages (transformation packs) are
really getting quite good.  I've tried both, and they are excellent.  I tend
to stay with the Win7 one because it's what I use at work, and having
everything where I expect (with only very slight differences) makes
*me*more productive. I have nothing against Gnome, Unity, or XFCE, as
they are
very nice too. Having a choice to customize is a wonderful thing though,
imho.

http://www.webupd8.org/2010/09/make-ubuntu-look-like-mac-osx-in.html

http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2010/04/win2-7-transforms-ubuntu-into-windows-7-with-scarily-accurate-results/

Or... Do the exact opposite and make Win7 look like Ubuntu!  CRAZY huh?!!!
http://www.webupd8.org/2011/02/make-windows-7-look-like-ubuntu-with.html

˜Roger