UIWebView control flash

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sat Oct 8 13:34:59 EDT 2011

On 10/7/11 9:05 PM, Mark Schonewille wrote:

> You could try to create the browser object before navigating cards. I
> don't know if this will actually work, but i did notice that UI
> controls stay on screen if they are not deleted the propert way.

It errors and aborts the script. Browser controls apparently can only be
created on the current card.

> Another possibility is to show a card with a circular progress
> indicator in the middle and show the browser object on top of it.

Speed of card loading isn't an issue, it's very fast. I'm just trying to
avoid the brief flash before the control draws.

Since native controls aren't part of the card, it makes sense that
locking the screen won't do anything. And since they are drawn directly
to the screen, it also makes sense that they will appear even during a
preOpen-anything handler.

For now I'm just hiding everything else on the card so that only the
plain background briefly appears. That works okay on the simulator but
fails on the device so I was looking for a work-around, but it seems
there isn't one.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com