Mac video conversion from command line?

Phil Davis revdev at pdslabs.net
Fri Nov 11 13:35:42 EST 2011

Hey People,

Do you use a command line tool of some sort on your Mac to convert .mov files to
web formats? I sure would like to hear about it.

I'm expecting that I need to end up with several file types as described in this
piece of advice from the web:

Make one version that uses WebM (VP8 + Vorbis).
Make another version that uses H.264 baseline video and AAC “low complexity”
audio in an MP4 container.
Make another version that uses Theora video and Vorbis audio in an Ogg container.

Here is the advice source:
http://diveintohtml5.info/video.html

Thanks for your input! My goal is to create a LC front end to manage the
commandline-driven coversion process.
--
Phil Davis

PDS Labs