[OT?] ADOBE DROPS FLASH for HTML5

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Nov 9 14:49:21 EST 2011

Lynn Fredricks wrote:

> On the other hand, this means Flash developers are going to have to think
> twice about using Flash because of mobile device deployment. Doing this -
> yeah, I think the writing is on the wall for Flash. Now Flash developers can
> feel what Director users have been feeling for some time ;-)

On the contrary, unlike Director it seems Flash is very much alive, just
changing the engine from a plugin to WebKit - from the horse's mouth:

Flash to Focus on PC Browsing and Mobile Apps; Adobe to More
Aggressively Contribute to HTML5
We will continue to leverage our experience with Flash to accelerate our
work with the W3C and WebKit to bring similar capabilities to HTML5 as
quickly as possible, just as we have done with CSS Shaders.  And, we
will design new features in Flash for a smooth transition to HTML5 as
the standards evolve so developers can confidently invest knowing their
skills will continue to be leveraged.
<http://blogs.adobe.com/flashplatform/2011/11/flash-to-focus-on-pc-browsing-and-mobile-apps-adobe-to-more-aggressively-contribute-to-html5.html>

--
  Richard Gaskin