needs saving

dunbarx at aol.com dunbarx at aol.com
Fri Nov 4 10:20:29 EDT 2011

Peter.

Does the "saveStackRequest" help"

Craig Newman

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter M. Brigham, MD <pmbrig at gmail.com>
To: How to use LiveCode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com>
Sent: Fri, Nov 4, 2011 6:07 am
Subject: needs saving

Anyone know what the IDE uses to decide whether to ask about saving a stack when
it closes? I'm trying to implement a "markDirty" routine for the Mac. I have a
frontscript that catches (then passes) closefield and sets the modifiedMark of
the stack, but that won't catch field contents modified by script, or changed
customprops, etc, unless I comb through over 30,000 lines of code to find all
the places where I change the contents of the stack, and insert a "markDirty"
command. If I could intercept whatever message the IDE uses for this it would
simplify things immensely.

-- Peter

Peter M. Brigham
pmbrig at gmail.com