[OT] Pirate software in Germany?

Lynn Fredricks lfredricks at proactive-intl.com
Tue May 24 12:52:17 EDT 2011

> If people are indeed stealing/frauding, then you get a
> warrant.  You issue DMCA takedowns.  Destroying what little
> is left of the 4th Amendment is not the answer because the
> 4th Amendment is larger in scope than the smaller issue of IP
> protection (which I support).

Judy, those solutions are either overwhelmed or not effective. I know this
because I do them already and know exactly how ineffectual they are. What
has been your experience with this as a software developer?

If you read through my reply, you know I don't agree with warrantless search
and seizure either, but I also cannot afford to act as if there isn't a
problem. The stormtroopers are going to keep coming back again and again
until they win, or until less invasive solutions are legislated.

Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
President
Proactive International, LLC