LiveCode 4.6.1 message path and behaviors

Björnke von Gierke bvg at mac.com
Fri May 20 08:39:10 EDT 2011

I think your example is confusing and unlegible :)

generally, nothing ever is skipped, but the arrows in your graph seem to indicate that a lot of things go past controls? Basically you can write the message path as a single line. It is an example where the message goes to the object. Of course messages could also go directly to cards, groups or stacks

message goes trough:
front scripts, if passed or unhandled goes on to
target object script, if passed or unhandled goes on to
behaviour script, (if existent) if passed or unhandled goes on to
group scripts, (if existent) if passed or unhandled goes on to
card script, if passed or unhandled goes on to
stack script, if passed or unhandled goes on to
background scripts, (only if hcaddressing is on) if passed or unhandled goes on to
mainstack script, (if existent) if passed or unhandled goes on to
stacks in use scripts, (if existent)  if passed or unhandled goes on to
back scripts, (if existent) if passed or unhandled goes on to
engine, (if handled by it, otherwise error)

your "breaking the path" part seems to be correct, but you missed the single most advantage of "send", which is the "in <time>" addition.