IDE 'Reset'

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed May 11 13:43:37 EDT 2011

On 5/11/11 10:22 AM, David Glass wrote:
> Yes, there's nothing 'dangerous' or license-violating about it, but it
> seems analogous to writing the same block of code a bunch of times when
> a loop would be better.
>
> And it isn't really extensible. How many duplicates is enough? Almost
> guaranteed it's going to be one more than I currently have created.
> Which means I'll have to stop doing whatever I'm doing, close down a
> copy of LC, dupe it, and then try to get back to where I was.
>
> At any rate, it doesn't sound like there's any way around it which is
> unfortunate.
>
> I really want to like LC, but it seems like it keeps getting in either
> its own way, or mine.

The easiest way to completely remove a stack when it is closed is to set
its destroyStack property to true. When that is set, simply closing the
stack will remove it entirely from memory and prevent the warning about
duplicate stacks.

The default in preferences is to set destroyStack to false, which is the
first thing I change when setting up new prefs. However, the pref
applies only to new stacks that you create. For existing stacks, you
need to specifically set that property in the stack inspector.

I am not sure how this will affect the GLX framework, but if setting
that property works with it, it would be the easiest way for you to deal
with the issue. It only requires a simple checkbox click.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com