Menu Buttons

Pete pete at mollysrevenge.com
Wed May 11 12:44:31 EDT 2011

That's strange because that's not what I'm seeing - no wonder there's
confusion!  Here's what I did to test.

Put an option menu on a card with the default choices.
Put a menuPick handler on the option menu:
 on menuPIck pitemname
    answer information pitemname
 end menuPick

Put a button on the same card with a mouseUp script:
 on mouseUp
   set the menuHistory of button "Option Menu" to 2
 end mouseUp

First time I clicked the button, the answer information dialog appeared with
"Choice 2" displayed.
Second and subsequent times I clicked the button, no answer dialog was
displayed.

I then changed the button script to set menu history to 1 and the answer
information fired with "Choice 1" displayed.

It appears from other posts that the original problem is solved by using set
the menuHistory so I guess this is somewhat academic but it would be good to
establish whether this bug really has been fixed and if so, why I don't see
the changed behavior, since I rely on that in some of my code.  Could it be
platform related?  I'm running on OSX 10.6.7.

Pete