Can Message Box retain messages?

Jim Ault jimaultwins at yahoo.com
Sat May 7 20:00:12 EDT 2011

The arrow up and down works for me on Rev 4.0

A short video on how to discover the message box history for
Revolution 4.0
   http://jimthewebmaster.com/video/messageBoxHistoryBug.mp4

Changing the history is possible without modifying the IDE (which is a
risky thing to do)
once you know the storage location.

On May 7, 2011, at 12:31 PM, stephen barncard wrote:

> Eric Chatonet created a tool that would modify the message box; it's
> still
> available. Also Jerry Daniel's Remo has that feature as well.
> Arrowkey up
> goes back in time in the MB.
>
> On 7 May 2011 10:05, <dunbarx at aol.com> wrote:
>
>> I modified the message field script in the message box to build a
>> history
>> of entries. It is considered dicey to meddle with IDE scripts, but
>> this has
>> never caused a problem. I just modified the enterInField and
>> returnInField
>> handlers resident there, passing the current contents to a list
>> field I keep
>> in a toolbox stack.
>>
>> Craig Newman

Jim Ault