Can Message Box retain messages?

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri May 6 23:57:56 EDT 2011

On 5/6/11 7:27 PM, tbodine wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Don't believe I have any frontscript gobbling up the arrow keys. I re-opened
> LiveCode to a different stack with no key coding at all, and it also behaves
> the same way. (Up/down arrows jump left/right over the line in the message
> box output, but do not scroll the box's output history as I'd hoped.)
>
> No matter. On advice from Chris, I rolled my own Log substack as a palette
> and now send things to a handler that puts them into a field there. Works
> like a charm.

I'm curious why it isn't working though. Could you type into the message
box:

   edit script of the mousecontrol

Then place the mouse over the message box input field and hit the return
key. The script of the message box field should open. The fourth handler
from the top is this:

on arrowKey which
   if which is "up" then revPrevLine
   if which is "down" then revNextLine