command line examples

David C. davidocoker at gmail.com
Fri May 6 23:44:00 EDT 2011

Best I can tell, Todd just wants to be able to launch a LC executable
on the Mac, but with it running as a hidden or background process,
without an icon showing up in the Dock. Is that correct Todd?

On Windows, this really simple sample code seems to do the job:

on preOpenStack
   set the hideConsoleWindows to true -- this works on windows
   -- open process me -- this also seems to work on windows
   set the vis of me to false
   wait for 10 seconds
   set the vis of me to true -- bring the GUI back where it can be ended
end preOpenStack

So far, I've been unable to do the same on Mac OS X, assuming that I'm
trying to solve the correct problem of course. ;-)

Best regards,
David C.