MySQL error on startup

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Thu Mar 24 13:04:54 EDT 2011

Googled it. First hit was this:

I experienced the same minutes ago and this is what I found in Console All Messages:

/System/Library/CoreServices/SecurityFixer.app/Contents/MacOS/SecurityFixer617	"/Library/StartupItems/MySQLCOM" failed security check: not owned by GID 0

So what I did was:
sudo chown -R root:wheel /Library/StartupItems/MySQLCOM

After that I logged out and found this message in Console All Messages:

SecurityFixer912	No insecure startup items found!

So I guess problem is solved.
Hope it helps. Good luck!

Bob