MySQL error on startup

Peter Haworth pete at mollysrevenge.com
Thu Mar 24 12:41:58 EDT 2011

I've been playing around with mySQL for a couple of weeks now and generally getting to grips with it.  All seems to be working well but every time I start up my Mac, I get this error:

Insecure Startup Item Disabled.
/Library/StartupItems/mySQLCOM has not been started because it does not have the proper security settings

No clue, of course, what the "proper security settings" might be.  The Get Info window for that file tells me I have read access only.  My OSX login had administrator privileges.

I can't connect to the mySQL server until I start it manually from the MySQL System Preferences plugin.  SOmehow, the permissions don;t seem to be a problem that way.

Anyone know what the permissions should be?

Pete Haworth