newbie script question re Find command

Joe Lewis Wilkins pepetoo at cox.net
Tue Mar 22 17:57:31 EDT 2011

Hi Tim,

I would start with a repeat that would go through all of your cards;
When you are on a card put the field in question into a cdVar;
parse the cdVar, finding the first instance of the string; put that instance into a var; delete the part of the cdVar through that point;
find another, etc., etc. once the cdVar is empty go to the next card and repeat the whole thing over again.

Just start writing, you'll get the idea as you complete the script

Hope this helps. I don't believe in writing the script for you. That's how you'll learn.

Joe Lewis Wilkins
Architect & Director of Product Development for GSI
<www.glsysinc.com>