Scale Icon in a Button

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Sat Mar 12 00:39:46 EST 2011

Recently, Bob Sneidar wrote:

> I have a button with an icon. The icon is too big and I don't have the image
> anymore so I cannot photoshop it. I want to make the button about half the
> size and have the icon scale with it. Is this possible? Changing th size of
> the button only clips the icon image.

If your icon shows up in your button, then you DO have the image.  The image
file must be somewhere in your stack.  To get it out of the stack:

 put (specialFolderPath("desktop")&"/export.png") into tPath
 export img "myIcon" to file tPath as PNG

You can also substitute "JPEG" or "GIF" as the file format.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, UX Design