Scale Icon in a Button

Phil Davis revdev at pdslabs.net
Fri Mar 11 23:54:42 EST 2011

Hi Bob,

If the icon still shows up as the icon of the button, you still have the image -
at least the icon-size one.

Try this script in a new button and see what you get:
on mouseUp
    ask file "Save as PNG:"
    if it = empty then exit to top
    put the icon of btn "myButtonWithMissingIcon" into x
    export image ID x to file it as PNG
end mouseUp

Now you should have a PNG file you can edit.

If you want to scale it, results will improve if you change its resolution to
<whateverItIsNow> * 10, then scale it, then restore the original resolution. At
least that's how I do it and I get better results than doing a straight 'scale'.
(I use GraphicConverter for this)

More than you wanted to know - Happy Weekend -
Phil