Memory issue for iPad Livecode apps?

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Thu Mar 10 15:02:38 EST 2011

Recently, Stgoldberg at aol.com wrote:

> In preparing an app for   iPad using Livecode, is there any issue regarding
> Livecode taking up significantly more disc space than a similar app
> prepared with a different programming language?   If so, would this
> significantly
> restrict how much one could put into the app in the way of sound, images, or
> other aspects of an app? Thanks.

The only restriction I've heard about is a 20MB limit for apps that can be
downloaded via cell service.  Apparently this is imposed by Apple, not the
carrier.  I can't find an "official" Apple mention of this, but here is a
post from 2010 that explains:
<http://www.unityversum.com/2010/02/iphone-appstore-3g-filesize-limits.html>

Regards,

Scott Rossi