Comparing filenames based on case sensitive filepaths

Terry Judd tsj at unimelb.edu.au
Tue Mar 8 17:37:59 EST 2011

Due to an obscure but annoying issue with OSX 10.5 I need to be able to
check for the existence of a file based on the case of its name before I can
launch it from Livecode. The exists function isn¹t case sensitive and the
only idea I¹ve been able to come up with to date is to use the files
function, filter the results based on the filename and then compare the two
filenames (having set the caseSensitive property to true). This seems a bit
long winded and I was hoping for a simpler and quicker way.

Any ideas?

Terry...

--
Dr Terry Judd | Senior Lecturer in Medical Education
Medical Education Unit