How to develop and deploy with ListMagic within the GLX application framework?

zryip theSlug zryip.theslug at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 16:28:40 EST 2011

On Mon, Mar 7, 2011 at 11:55 AM, Keith Clarke
<keith.clarke at clarkeandclarke.co.uk> wrote:

Hi Keith,

> Great lesson - I have a checkbox in a cell. I did have to divert from your lesson slightly. So, below are the additional steps that I took - just in case you want to update your lesson for the following scenario...
>
> I wanted a row 'Select' column of (just) checkboxes, centrally aligned under the Select column heading. To:
>
> 1. Hide the checkbox name, clear the checkbox control's Basic Properties 'Show name' checkbox
> 2. Align the checkbox centrally within the column's cell, simply drag the checkbox control around in the DGH Column Builder's 'Column Content' view - to over the middle of the underlying _ColumnData_ control, as shown here http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1909531/checkbox%20in%20DGH%20cell.png
>
> It works, though I'm not sure if it's best practice?!?

You are right. By keeping the "_ColumnData_" field you will be able to
center the checkbox "by hand" in the column.
When the column has not this field, the check box is drawn on the left
of the column.
So it is the best way to come if you not want to script the position
of the button in the layoutControl handler of the column script.

I'm going to update the lesson according to your observation. Thanks!

> BTW For this list, I want these Row-Select checkboxes to be mutually-exclusive - so that if one is set to true, those in all other rows are cleared. Where should I place such a script - against the _ColumnData_ object or the data grid group level?
> Best,
> Keith..

Best,
--