Wondering about LC and HTML5

Terry Vogelaar tvogelaar at de-mare.nl
Tue Jun 21 13:31:10 EDT 2011

Hi Chipp,

This sheds some other light upon this topic. I think the reason why it is such a torture to work with HTML5 is the lack of a good RAD tool. The guy who figures out how to do that, is a soon to be rich guy. A development environment with the ease of use LiveCode offers, that makes behind the curtains all it's HTML and CSS and PHP and JS that just works, so there is almost no temptation to take a look under the hood, is the dream of a few million web developers, including me. Sounds a whole lot better than what I currently need to do to make a web page, which mainly involves inspecting elements in Safari a few 100 times.

Michael Kann wrote that Livecoders will never be able to compete with the people writing and maintaining the popular javascript libraries. I kind of agree, except that they lack ease of use. It really is a pain to learn how to use jQuery etc.

I thought you meant HTML5 as one of the distributions to export a stack to. That is not going to happen. But if you mean a Rapid Application Development tool to make Rich Internet Applications, with the ease of use and the stability LC offers, I'm cheering.

Terry

Op 21 jun. 2011, om 18:28 heeft use-livecode-request at lists.runrev.com het volgende geschreven: