Wondering about LC and HTML5

Pierre Sahores psahores at free.fr
Tue Jun 21 13:26:45 EDT 2011

Chipp,

I just have to follow Richard, Andre, ... on this.

The way i implement HTML5/CSS3/JS in my LC-server driven apps is not really complex at all and no far from funny to the end, something in between the feelings we had, as kids, in playing Lego and Meccano :D

I use HTML templates build on top of, in between other possible choices, the very simple to learn "Fluid 960GS" HTML/CSS/JQuery template framework :

<http://www.designinfluences.com/fluid960gs/>

About CSS, i use the CSSEdit 2 editor (Mac only) available there :

<http://macrabbit.com/cssedit/>

and the Stylizer app (Mac only) when i find on the web an interesting HTML/CSS template i want to learn about :

<http://www.skybound.ca/>

To the end, the LC-server xtalk code handle 95% of the final app logic and we just need to care about HTML/CSS/JS for the last 5%, and best, full reusable from an app to an other.

I don't think that having LC handling those 5% would help us at all, because the collision's troubles we could get in this way because HTMLText, Unicode glichies and more.

Just put the hand inside alike the first time you did with (wind)surfing or bicycle... The first steep will be a little unfriendly but after a week you will like to save lots of time in combining the power of LC with the primitive ways HTML5/CSS3/JS can be handle ;-)

Do you know that Danny Goodman is a long time Javascript unconditional fan ?

Best,

Pierre

--
Pierre Sahores