odd stack corruption

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Jun 15 13:12:28 EDT 2011

On 6/14/11 3:43 PM, Jeff Reynolds wrote:

> in the end i rebuilt the whole group and the behavior went away, so it
> was something odd in that group that popped in in the last 5 years or so
> w/o any edits being done to that card. the odd show the other group
> behavior only showed up when the stack went to v4.6 livecode, but the
> mysterious non edit selectablitiy was there all along. i have tried to
> keep all the code pretty centralized in called handlers to keep careful
> track of all pieces in it as its got to be very robust.
>
> Im hoping all is now fine,

I think remaking the group should fix it. After reading your description
I suspect it was a conversion problem in the engine. I have often had
similar things happen with buttons when I open HyperCard stacks for
conversion. The button type doesn't get set correctly and often I need
to just remake it.

The file format of stacks changed in version 2.7 and it may be that some
of your fields didn't come over intact. That's about all I can think of.
But re-doing the group should solve it, I think you're safe.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com