Handling 'suspend' in iOS apps

Terry Judd tsj at unimelb.edu.au
Tue Jun 14 19:58:11 EDT 2011

What¹s the best way to handle the situation when a user exits an iOS app by
clicking the home button and what messages are sent? Our app has a data
entry component and typically we¹d ask the user if they wanted to save their
stuff before they exited but clicking the home button just exits immediately
without any user feedback. I¹ve also noticed that clicking the home button
and then reentering our app works the first time around but on the second
attempt it seems to quit and restart ­ is anyone else seeing this?

Terry...

--
Dr Terry Judd | Senior Lecturer in Medical Education
Medical Education Unit