Using Datagrids with 'stackrunner' like launcher.

Marty Knapp martyknapp at comcast.net
Tue Jun 7 18:59:37 EDT 2011

Stephen,

 From this lesson:
http://lessons.runrev.com/spaces/lessons/manuals/datagrid/lessons/7339-What-Do-I-Need-to-Do-To-Deploy-a-Standalone-With-A-Data-Grid-

---
"Some developers prefer to use a launcher (or splash) stack technique.
This technique builds a standalone using a stack with very little code
in it. In this case the stack used to build the standalone will not have
a substack whose name begins with "Data Grid Templates" as no data grids
have been added to it.

In this case you will need to create a substack that tricks the
Standalone Builder into adding the necessary stack files. From the File
menu, create a new substack of your launcher stack (1).

Name the substack "Data Grid Templates Dud" and save your launcher
stack. Now if you build a standalone application the Standalone Builder
will include the necessary data grid stack."
--

I've used this trick and find it works.

Marty Knapp