Windows?

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Sat Jun 4 18:58:45 EDT 2011

Colin-

Saturday, June 4, 2011, 3:48:55 PM, you wrote:

> I don't know if it's changed, but when I bought Windows to use
> under Fusion, I had to get Ultimate. Microsoft's rules were that you
> could only use Ultimate under virtual machines. So, it cost quite a
> bit to buy it, probably more money than buying a PC with a lesser
> version on it.

> That probably doesn't apply to BootCamp.

It doesn't apply to BootCamp because the rules only apply to
virtualization. Microsoft's rules changes with Vista, so any version
of XP can be run under any of the virtual machines with no problem.
And even with Vista and Windows 7 you can run virtual machines - there
are no technical barriers to it, it's just that Microsoft won't let
you.

...obviously I didn't test that, because M$ says I can't, so I just...
er... assume it will work. Yeah, that's it... I assume it will work.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net