EMERGENCY - File Browser not showing up in IE and other idiosyncracies with the Revlet Player

Admin admin at mfelkerco.com
Sat Jul 30 01:01:44 EDT 2011

Yes, I was able to change the html auto-generated code to get IE to
load revlets. That's not the problem.

I have random problems - some
can use it on Mac running Safari and others cannot (they can't even
click on a button)

Random problems in IE and reliable problems with
attempting to open a file browser, which works on other browsers, but
the ftp commands don't seem to work at all.

The stand-alone versions
work 100%.

This is infuriating.

Mike

On Fri, 29 Jul 2011 23:50:53
-0500, J. Landman Gay wrote:

> On 7/29/11 8:04 PM, Ken Ray wrote:
>

>>> In my cards and scripts in Live Code, loading files work fine by
pressing the BROWSE button (I made a button for each upload and labelled
it BROWSE). You click it and a file box comes up with the proper
filters. Everything works great! However, when using the same card on
the internet (a revlet), pressing the BROWSE button does nothing. Is
there some special procedure or syntax I have to follow to use file
requesters from a revlet?
>> Actually let me clarify - when I was
working with Mike it *worked*, but only on certain browsers; for example
it worked fine in Safari/Mac, but didn't work at all in Firefox/Windows
or Internet Explorer/Windows. It's a simple "answer file", so it
*should* work for everything, but I don't have much experience with
revlets... does anyone know if "answer file" only works with certain
browsers? If so, are there any workarounds?

> I haven't done much
with revlets recently, but the two browsers you say
> don't work are
the same two that don't work with any revlets at all for
> me. When
they went to 64-bit, all my existing revlets refused to load.

think "answer file" used to work everywhere back when we were all

32-bit. There's an html fix for the loading problem, but that wouldn't