EMERGENCY - File Browser not showing up in IE and other idiosyncracies with the Revlet Player

Admin admin at mfelkerco.com
Fri Jul 29 19:35:19 EDT 2011

In my cards and scripts in Live Code, loading files work fine by
pressing the BROWSE button (I made a button for each upload and labelled
it BROWSE). You click it and a file box comes up with the proper
filters. Everything works great! However, when using the same card on
the internet (a revlet), pressing the BROWSE button does nothing.

Is
there some special procedure or syntax I have to follow to use file
requesters from a revlet?

Here is my
code:

=============================

# Start by getting the file to
upload
local tFileForUpload, tFileName
answer file "Select a file to
upload" with filter "Video Files,*.avi;*.mpg;*.mp4;*.mov;*.wmv"
put it
into tFileForUpload

# Get the name of the file for upload
set the
itemdel to "/"
put the last item of tFileForUpload into tFileName
put
empty into field "fldVidLink"

# Connect the start the upload
local
tDestination
put "http://www." & "travelandworkusa.com" &FilePath
&tFileName into tFieldDest
put "ftp://" & FTPUSER & ":" & FTPPASS & "@"
& "ftp.travelandworkusa.com" &FilePath & tFileName into
tDestination
libURLSetStatusCallback "uploadProgress", the long ID of
me
put the long ID of me into progressmeter
libURLftpUploadFile
tFileForUpload, tDestination, "uploadComplete"
put tFieldDest into field
"fldVidLink"
end mouseUp

on uploadComplete pURL, pStatus
put "Status
Update:" && pStatus && return after field "lblProgress"
end
uploadComplete

on uploadProgress pURL, pStatus
put "Status Update:" &&
pStatus && return before field "lblProgress"
--set the thumbpos of sb
"prgScrollBar" to progressmeter
end
uploadProgress

Anything
wrong with this as it pertains to FTPing to the server from a local file
- from the context of a revlet online?

After going through it, it's the
FILE REQUESTER that is not working for me. I can FTP fine. I included
ALL the libraries in the stand alone settings, just in case.

So, does
anyone know why the file requester would not come up in a revlet? How
can I fix this - it's MAJOR for me to fix this.

Thanks.

Mike Felker

P.S. Ken, a very nice gentleman from Sons of Thunder Software helped
me out on the phone and was able to make some of this work on the Mac,
but pretty much everything I experienced he did as well.