EMERGENCY - File Browser not showing up in IE and other idiosyncracies with the Revlet Player

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sat Jul 30 00:50:53 EDT 2011

On 7/29/11 8:04 PM, Ken Ray wrote:
>> In my cards and scripts in Live Code, loading files work fine by
>> pressing the BROWSE button (I made a button for each upload and
>> labelled it BROWSE). You click it and a file box comes up with the
>> proper filters. Everything works great! However, when using the
>> same card on the internet (a revlet), pressing the BROWSE button
>> does nothing.
>>
>> Is there some special procedure or syntax I have to follow to use
>> file requesters from a revlet?
>
> Actually let me clarify - when I was working with Mike it *worked*,
> but only on certain browsers; for example it worked fine in
> Safari/Mac, but didn't work at all in Firefox/Windows or Internet
> Explorer/Windows.
>
> It's a simple "answer file", so it *should* work for everything, but
> I don't have much experience with revlets... does anyone know if
> "answer file" only works with certain browsers? If so, are there any
> workarounds?

I haven't done much with revlets recently, but the two browsers you say
don't work are the same two that don't work with any revlets at all for
me. When they went to 64-bit, all my existing revlets refused to load.

I think "answer file" used to work everywhere back when we were all
32-bit. There's an html fix for the loading problem, but that wouldn't
help if "answer file" needs 32-bit. If you have older, 32-bit versions
of those browsers, one of you could test.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com