Where does survive the inventive user ?

Lynn Fredricks lfredricks at proactive-intl.com
Fri Jul 29 11:35:15 EDT 2011

> If I recall, HyperCard was called an "erector set" for Mac users, not
> necessarily programmers, and indeed used mostly by non-professional
> programmers. There was also an Xcmd for Valentina -- yes, I started
> using Valentina database with HyperCard -- and it worked really well
> but Valentina was not network based then.

The depths of time.... :-)

Valentina DB started out originally as a C++ library for Mac OS back in
1998, after several years of advanced R&D by Ruslan (ooooo, CodeWarrior!).
The XCMD format was so well established then, and several products on the
market supported that. There were a lot of really cool externals around back
then, some of which were made by folks who are here yet today.

Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
President
Paradigma Software