[OT] More Apple Foolishness

Howard Bornstein bornstein at designeq.com
Wed Jul 27 23:40:46 EDT 2011

There are a couple of apps that deal with these deficiencies very
intuitively:

Multi-icon mover, where you put the apps in wiggle mode and then tap which
ever apps you want to move, even if they are on different home screens. Then
just go to the page or folder where you want them moved to and hit the home
button and they are all moved there at once.

Sprintboard, which lets you drag your fingers across the home page dots to
quickly scroll through the home pages.

These apps make it very easy to move icons around different pages and into
folders.

The rub is that you have to have a jailbroken iphone/ipad to use them.

Let's hope that Apple continues their habit of (slowly) copying jailbreak
innovation and eventually folding them into the IOS.

On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 7:49 PM, Chipp Walters <chipp at chipp.com> wrote:

> Yep, Bill. I know. In fact, I mentioned in my first post that trying to
> find
> an app in one of those folders is like playing a kids game. That quote you
> reference was from Bruce, and said the bit about folders BEFORE iPad came
> out with folders, though it really hasn't changed much as far as
> ease-of-use
> goes. Try dragging an icon across 7 pages of OTHER icons to deposit in a
> folder on page 1. Ugh. If that's the best they can figure out then they
> need
> to rehire Tog.
>
> On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 9:43 PM, Bill Vlahos <bvlahos at mac.com> wrote:
>
> > Actually you can have folders.
> >
> > 1. Hold your finger on an icon until they all quiver
> > 2. Drag an icon(s) on top of another one and it will make a folder of
> them.
> >
> > Bill Vlahos

Regards,

Howard Bornstein