OT: I want to buy Lion

Warren Samples warren at warrensweb.us
Wed Jul 27 15:14:36 EDT 2011

On Wednesday, July 27, 2011 01:20:05 PM Arie van der Ent wrote:
> Hi Tiemo,
>
> It is not necessary to wait for Lion on a USB-stick. Don McAllister from
> screencastsonline did the following; 1. buy Lion from App store;
> 2. make a copy from the installer (in your application folder);
> 3. open up the copy of the installer package, then open the folder Shared
> Support in it; 4. there you'll find InstallEDG.dmg;
> 5. copy this file to an USB-stick 8 gb.
>
> That's all.
>
> Arie

Arie,

He's explained why he can't buy 10.7 at the moment. Unless you're silently implying Tiemo enlist the aid of
someone who had purchased it and is willing to share, this is not useful information. There seems to be
conflicting information regarding a clean install of 10.7 with some saying they've done it and others saying
there's got to be 10.6.8 avaible at one point or another to run the installer. It does not seem likely that
Apple will ignore forever those users who need or would simply prefer to be able to purchase physical install
media of some sort or another, though. I wonder if it's possible to clone a drive and just install that drive
in another machine.

Best,

Warren