Clicks along a line

Mike Bonner bonnmike at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 14:54:46 EDT 2011

As mentioned, the globalloc() function takes a relative location and turns
it into a screen relative numbers. localloc() takes a screen relative
location and converts it to card relative.  So if you want to move the mouse
to a location in your stack then have it click, you can first set the
screenmouseloc to globalloc(40,300) which will move it to your first click
location. Since screenmouseloc is screen based your numbers have to be based
on that, which is why the globalloc() is necessary to convert your card
relative 40,300 location. At this point, since the mouse is where you want
it you can 'click at the mouseloc'
Then modify your card relative number, again feed it to globalloc() and
proceed.
Something like this (untested) will probably work.
on mouseUp
  put globalLoc("40,300") into tMouseLoc
   repeat 6 times
      set the screenMouseLoc to tMouseLoc
      click at the mouseLoc
      add 40 to item 1 of tMouseLoc
      wait 500 milliseconds with messages -- I just put that in to watch the
mouse pointer move
   end repeat
 end mouseUp

If you just want to have the clicks done, you don't need to set the
screenmouseloc necessarily, you can just 'click at tMouseLoc I think.  Will
have to test to make sure