Mac OS X missing controls in the LiveCode IDE

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Tue Jul 19 09:50:44 EDT 2011

On Jul 11, 2011, at 9:31 AM, René Micout wrote:

> I made an inventory of missing Mac OS X controls, see list below :
> 1. Round button
> 2. • Textured button > http://blog.chipp.com/new-altbutton-control-for-livecode/ (?)
> 3. ◊ Recessed button > I have a project on it
> 4. ◊ Disclosure button > I have a project on it
> 5. • Gradient button > http://www.buttongadget.com (?)
> 6. • Rounded rect button > http://blog.chipp.com/new-altbutton-control-for-livecode/ (?)
> 7. • Rounded textured button > http://blog.chipp.com/new-altbutton-control-for-livecode/ (?)
> 8. ◊ Help button > I have a project on it
> 9. • Bevel button > http://blog.chipp.com/new-altbutton-control-for-livecode/ (?)
> 10. ◊ Radio button > size mini > I work on it
> 11. ◊ Check box > size mini > I work on it
> 12. ◊ Stepper > size mini > I work on it
> 13. Date picker
> 14. Segmented control
> 15. • Search field > http://droptools.sonsothunder.com/all.irev
> 16. Token field
> 17. • Image Well > http://droptools.sonsothunder.com/all.irev
> 18. Color well
> 19. ◊ Slider (vertical and horizontal) > size : small and mini > I work on it
> 20. ◊ Circular slider > I have a project on it
> 21. • Circular progress indicator > http://revonline2.runrev.com/stack/440/Spinning-wheel
> 22. Vertical and horizontal split view
> 23. • HUD panel > http://revonline2.runrev.com/stack/574/HUD-Panel-Factory
> 24. Puff of smoke animation
> 25. Answer font
> 26. Toolbar and his items (separator toolbar, print toolbar item, show color toolbar item, show font toolbar item, customize toolbar item, search toolbar item).
> Some have their "custom control"... But not all... Is my list up to date, incomplete or wrong?

Sorry to be so late to the party, but the OS X HI Guidelines have quite a few more controls than in your list, like action menu butttons, path controls, etc. - you should download the guidelines (or view them online) to fill in the gaps... here's the direct URL to the "Controls" portion of the HIG:

http://tinyurl.com/2boaz8x

If you don't have access, let me know and I'll send you a link to the PDF version to download.

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software, Inc.
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com
Web Site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/