Alternating Column Colors?

Phil Davis revdev at pdslabs.net
Sat Jan 29 14:25:05 EST 2011

Scott,

Each cell in a data grid is a field, so it seems like it should be doable.

I created a DG and put some data in it. Then I did this from msg:

put the number of flds in selobj -- DG was selected
--> 57

put the name of fld 44 of selobj
--> field "Status 0008"

My DG has a column named "Status".

After further poking around, I see:
- each DG cell is a field
- the number of fields is related to the display rect of the DG, not to the
number of lines of data in it
- fields are recreated when the DG's data is changed
- every field in the DG has a style of 'transparent'
- you can set a field's style to opaque and then any backColor you apply to it
will show up
- the style changes you make seem to stick until the DG data is changed

Maybe some of the above will help you on your way.

Phil