LiveCode for e-book production

Jim Ault jimaultwins at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 29 13:47:34 EST 2011

On Jan 29, 2011, at 7:31 AM, Javier Miranda V. wrote:

> Dear friends, can you please give me your opinions on using LiveCode
> for e-book production?.  I know LiveCode, being so powerful, can
> handle complex projects involving lots of logic and structures, but
> is it suitable / practical to use it for e-book production?.  The
> possibility of compile for the new mobile operating systems is
> something wonderful that I would like to to use coupled with the
> multimedia capabilities.

It depends on what you mean by eBook.

These links were posted in the last day or so, and this shows a fine
example of non-linear story telling.
The material is compelling, and the layout makes navigating the main
text and sub-level text easy.

Three movies
http://xfiles.funnygarbage.com/~colinholgate/video/planetarium/SS.mp4
http://xfiles.funnygarbage.com/~colinholgate/video/planetarium/TL.mp4
http://xfiles.funnygarbage.com/~colinholgate/video/planetarium/FE.mp4

Also, don't forget that Livecode can access databases, such as MySQL &
Valentina, and display content in static containers as well as provide
many kind of animation, blend levels, and transition effects.

Jim Ault
Las Vegas