Student Observations on Weekly Presentations

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Tue Jan 25 18:47:44 EST 2011

Hi Calvin,

Thanks, I appreciate your comments and I'm glad that the presentations are useful for you. Unfortunately, we can't and don't want to tell people how to present and we don't want them to follow any kind of rules. There is only one rule: THERE ARE NO RULES!!!

I am afraid that your e-mail scared off dozens of people who were thinking they might do a presentation at some time. These people have seen your e-mail and are now backing off. I would like to say to those people: don't worry, we are not going to demand anything from you.

If anyone would like to do a presentation, no matter if you hardly speak English or have never released any product, you are always welcome to show us what you do with Revolution/LiveCode. We usually have more than 20 participants and some of them like to see a really informal video chat while others prefer a more formal lecture. There is no "right" way.

Sorry Calvin, I just had to say this. If the main goal would be to teach, then you were absolutely right, but the true goal of the Live LiveCode Code Event really just is to gather a bunch of people and have some fun. I hope you don't mind.

--
Best regards,

Mark Schonewille

Homepage: http://economy-x-talk.com