Cursor lock

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Tue Jan 18 17:17:45 EST 2011

On 1/18/11 3:52 PM, Scott Rossi wrote:
> Recently, Jacque Landman Gay wrote:
>
>> Is anyone else having trouble with the cursor not updating, or sometimes
>> locking, in version 4.5.3? I'm noticing it particularly in the script
>> editor, where the cursor doesn't change when you mouse over different
>> panes or outside the window.
>
> This continues to happen with me, not just with 4.5.3, but for years.  And
> it's not sometimes locking, it's *always* locking (it happened again just 5
> minutes ago).  I know something is locking the cursor because if I run
> "unlock cursor" in the message box, the cursor becomes normal again.

Yeah, I've had that too but not as persistent as it is now. I'm also
used to the thing where you sometimes have to move the cursor outside
the script window to get it to reset. But now it's a little different
than that. It still does its share of locking, but sometimes unlocking
doesn't fix it -- it's like the cursor isn't locked but it isn't getting
update info.

The biggest difference is how I can't get a window to focus. Sometimes
if I click on a different window and then back again, it will. Sometimes
it won't. Sometimes if I click in the titlebar instead of the window
content, it will focus. Sometimes it won't. That's new behavior.

> FWIW, I usually find the script editor is the culprit, but I can't nail down
> a recipe for it.

Certainly more common there. Since I have it open almost all the time,
it's hard to say. The window focus problem may not be the script editor
though. I need to pay more attention.

> Now that you say you're affected by this problem, I wonder if some of your
> stocks are stuck in my machine.

I did wash some socks that contained a tiny camera, but I wasn't aiming
for your house. Sorry about that. Once they leave the dryer I have no
more control.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com