ID's are settable???

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Thu Jan 13 21:51:11 EST 2011

Richard-

> For settable IDs, Mark Wieder could make a stronger case than I could,
> since this feature was added to support a nifty new tool he's been
> working on.

Yep, you can all thank me for lobbying to get this implemented. If you
don't absolutely need this feature (and it's pretty obvious that since
nobody noticed its appearance that nobody really needs it) then don't
mess with it. Please. You can get into all sorts of trouble. It is
indeed the pistol-and-map-to-foot syndrome. But it's absolutely
essential for version control and had to be implemented at the engine
level.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net