OT: Are Microsoft really at it again!

Douglas dougtechie at tiscali.co.uk
Thu Jan 13 18:29:42 EST 2011

Remember when Microsoft lost their European court cases about unfair
business practices etc.?

One of the conditions of being allowed to continue to supply Internet
Explorer in boxed Windows 7 packs in the EU. was that they would add a
"Browser Choice" page that would allow the user to choose any of the big
5 browsers to install on their new setup.

Nice idea, but I just installed a clean Win7 setup and all the other
browsers are available EXCEPT FireFox !
Clicking on "Install"  just goes to a dead link and the "Tell Me More"
button goes to a download page that also uses a dead link!

(I checked the mozilla sites and they are up and running perfectly OK!)

How many people think that this is an unfortunate "mistake" on
Microsoft's part?
Maybe the Firefox team decided to shoot themselves by closing a server
that they had advertised to Microsoft?
Or.... How about the Firefox team set up Microsoft to look bad by giving
them bad links

Douglas