LiveCode Newbie questions

Calvin Waterbury cjw at eml.cc
Thu Jan 13 17:05:36 EST 2011

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the boost.  I really do feel quite overwhelmed (see more below*)!

In regard to the end product, the user doesn't even have to install
anything?  Simply zip the exec and the "externals" folder and send it?
Am I understanding you correctly?

*"Overwhelmed" is my mental state at present.  I coded in Visual Basic
for a few years and making the paradigm shift to LC is weird.  I am only
coding with a trial license and it is going to run out and LC ain't
cheap.  Also, I have mentors offering to assist in learning
VisualBASIC.NET and C#.NET and there is no cost to do this.  I wish LC
had a 90-day trial. :(

A couple of questions..

  Do you know if I purchase the personal license and code in it until I
am ready to go commercial and *then* upgrade to a commercial license,
will my apps upgrade too or will I have to recode/recompile??

Hmm... I forgot the other question. <frown>

Maybe this is not the place to ask these questions, but I have to start
somewhere.

Thanks for the help,
Calvin