LiveCode Newbie questions

Jeff Massung massung at gmail.com
Thu Jan 13 16:50:31 EST 2011

Calvin,

Don't let the vent thread scare you. Some here have been using LC for quite
a while, and usually it's the little things that make you want to vent. The
big things Rev has been doing a great job with!

LC apps do compile to an EXE. It's not 100% self-encompassing, though,
meaning it may need some DLLs that live next to it (in an "externals"
folder); In your DB example, there'd be a DLL for the database functions in
there, but LC takes care of all of this for you. Your end-user will never be
the wiser, and there's no runtime to install.

Jeff M.