Accessing 'ntext' fields from SQL Server over ODBC (Windows)

Andre Garzia andre at andregarzia.com
Wed Jan 12 08:17:51 EST 2011

Ben,

I have no clue whatsoever what ntext fields are but you could try a
combination of the following stuff:

You can try executing this Transact-SQL piece on a query to the server:

SET TEXTSIZE 64512

This will change the amount of text returned by a SELECT into a ntext
or nvarchar field.

If you the upper limit of the size of your text, you can try selecting
it as a substring such as:

SELECT SUBSTRING(myfield, 1, 4096) AS myfield FROM mytable

Now, I never faced such issues but then again, I seldon do windows and
the last time I've dealt with MS SQL Server was in 1999...

Andre