RevOnline: New version of Shell Command Help

Peter Brigham MD pmbrig at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 17:02:33 EST 2011

On Jan 5, 2011, at 2:22 PM, Bob Sneidar wrote:

> Thanks pretty useful if you know already what the command is you
> need help with. Looks like you are getting the man pages via a shell
> call yourself.
>
> What would make this marketable is if there was a way to list all
> the shell commands available to the system and present them to the
> user in a list, have the user be able to click on a shell command
> and have the man page load, and then be able to insert the command
> into a rev script with the proper LiveCode syntax. I would pay money
> for that!
>
> Bob

That was just my reaction to the stack -- great if you know what
you're doing already, but you have to know shell commands. (I dropped
it into my Plugins folder anyway....)

Is there a shell command to get all the shell commands on the
currently running system? If so, it should be a snap to expand the
stack accordingly.

> On Dec 28, 2010, at 1:55 AM, Phil Davis wrote:
>
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> I just uploaded a new version of the Shell() Command Help plugin.
>>
>> New features:
>> - Search for words in the displayed help text.
>> - Print the displayed help text.
>> - Use arrow keys to retrieve previous commands (like the LC message
>> box).
>>
>> Enjoy!
>> --
>> Phil Davis