iOS - Hide Status Bar?

Randy Hengst iowahengst at mac.com
Thu Jan 6 16:50:00 EST 2011

Scott,

The setting is scriptable...  see p 27-28 of iOS Deployment Release Notes (R21)

If you don't have that handy... here's the info

Status bar configuration support
You can now configure the status bar that appears at the top of the iOS screen.
To control the visibility of the status bar use the following commands:
iphoneShowStatusBar
iphoneHideStatusBar

To control the style of the status bar use the following command:
iphoneSetStatusBarStyle style
Where style is one of:
•	default – the default mode for the device
•	translucent – a semi-transparent status bar (in this case the stack will appear underneath it)
 •	opaque – a black status bar (in this case the stack will appear below it).

On iPad devices, anything other that default has no effect.

take care,
randy
-----