Quicktime VR Replacement in LiveCode?

Lynn Fredricks lfredricks at proactive-intl.com
Mon Jan 3 17:54:23 EST 2011

> > Just thinking, it might
> > be possible to do a sort of skydome thing in Franklin 3D
> but I wonder
> > if just for working with photos there wouldn't be an easier way.
>
> Even with Franklin you would want to do a sky box and not a
> dome. For doing it elsewhere (certainly in Flash or Director
> using 2D tricks), you need to be able to distort the original
> rectangle into an arbitrary quadrangle. I don't know if LC
> can do that.

It seems to me that it would require an external. My company is preping a
major update to Shade, and there's this big selection of sky box / pano
types it supports that Id otherwise export to Quicktime VR (I hate the fact
that we have to warn Mac users to install the older Quicktime to export to
Quicktime VR...).

I guess a skybox stack type would be totally unreasonable - then stacks
would be like infinite onions - very Lewis Carroll :-)

Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
President
Proactive International, LLC